Reverse Mortgage Defaults and Foreclosure Litigation
This webinar will provide an overview of reverse mortgage defaults inclusive of the verification process and foreclosure litigation involving reverse mortgages.
Join Litigation Partner Chris Picard (McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC) as he:
- reviews the grounds for default including, move-out, non-payment of taxes and insurance and failure to maintain property;
- reviews the requirements for servicers to verify default to obtain HUD authorization to foreclosure on non-death defaults;
- provides insight on options for non-borrower spouse on pre-201 and post-201 reverse mortgages insured by HUD; and
- discusses the current trends in litigation concerning reverse mortgages including, but not limited to, non-borrower spouse claims, claims of non-default, and issues concerning fraudulent conduct by caregivers.
McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC
- Reverse Mortgage Default Types
- Passing of Borrower(s)
- Non-payment of tax, insurance and HOA dues
- Failure to maintain property
- Litigation Issues
- Improper default
- Potential issues concerning the negotiability of the loan documents
Who Should Attend:
- Loan Originators
- Servicers of Reverse Mortgages and Foreclosure Counsel
Mr. Picard began practicing law in 2000 after serving in the United States Navy as a diver from 1987 to 1993.
Chris’ practice for the last 19 years has centered on handling creditor’s rights issues in state, federal and bankruptcy courts. He has been with McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce LLC or its predecessor for the last 12 years handling trials, appeals and related aspects of default servicing litigation.
Outside of the practice of law, Mr. Picard is an active rugby referee and a judicial officer for World Rugby.
Print and review course materials
Method of Presentation:
General knowledge of reverse mortgages
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Areas of Professional Practice
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3
Get Your 1-Year All Access Pass For Only $199
About McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC
Mccalla Raymer Leibert Pierce is a leading provider of legal services to the financial services and mortgage banking industries in the states of Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey and New York. Since formation in 1982, the firm has been committed to providing clientele with superior and efficient representation. The firm handles a full range of regulatory compliance issues, legislative issues, residential and commercial foreclosures, retail closings, commercial transactions, commercial litigation, bankruptcies, evictions, and related litigation matters for many of the nation's largest financial institutions. In concentrating the practice on the representation of banks, credit unions, investors, hedge funds, and large mortgage servicing entities, McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce has earned a reputation as a leader in the financial services and mortgage banking industries, working in tandem with its clients to achieve their goals and minimize their risk.