Optimizing Revenue Cycle Management Systems: What You Need to Know in 2016
Industry reports reveal the revenue cycle management market is growing and providers’ needs are changing. This is driven by a consolidation of healthcare providers, declining reimbursements, increased operating costs, technological changes, an increase in Consumer Directed Health Plans (CDHP) and the transition to value-based payment models.
The growing complexity of healthcare reform requires the need to have an optimized RCM solution that functions with Accountable Care Organizations, physician practices, ambulatory clinics and hospitals. Many RCM platforms are missing the advanced functionality needed to meet the demands of new reimbursement models and to optimize revenue cycle management processes. As a result, providers are increasingly outsourcing revenue cycle responsibilities to ensure maximum collections, control costs and to become more efficient.
In this two-hour LIVE Webcast, a panel of key thought leaders organized by The Knowledge Group will review and discuss ways for optimizing revenue cycle management solutions. The panel of speakers will help healthcare executives to better manage revenue cycle solutions to improve revenue and reduce costs resulting in a healthier bottom line.
Key topics include:
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) – An Overview
- Revenue Cycle Technology
- Revenue Cycle Market Trends
- Evolution of the RCM Industry
- Revenue Cycle Analytics
- How leveraging technology and automation does drives down costs and improves productivity in the revenue cycle.
- Learn why tracking key financial and operational metrics help to improve financial and operational performance.
- Hear how rising out-of-pockets cost have placed a financial burden on physician practices and what you need to adjust.
- How does a changing reimbursement model impact how you are paid in the future?
- Reducing external costs of bolt-on technologies by fully leveraging your core HIS platform
- Leveraging your EMR to drive interdepartmental transparency
- Structuring integrated committees for long term metric-driven optimization – ensuring operationally driven optimization and upgrade management
- Structuring to allow ongoing system improvement to not be overshadowed by routine maintenance
- Building aligned educational departments that address revenue cycle systems as well as operational process and policy
Who Should Attend:
- Revenue Cycle Leaders and Managers
- C-Level Management
- Finance Executives and Directors
- Senior Management from Healthcare Facilities
- Health Care Advisory Services Consultants
- Healthcare Service Providers
- Health Care Law Attorneys
- Financial Executives
- Billing Managers
- Data Analysts
Jeffery Linn is Director of Revenue Cycle Management Services for Allscripts. Prior to joining Allscripts, Jeff spent 12 years building a Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) organization based in Southern California. Under Jeff’s direction, this organization grew from a staff of twelve to over one hundred. Jeff’s organization operationalized a variety of Practice Management applications to deliver operational efficiencies and revenue enhancements to seventy plus medical practices. Jeff is a graduate of the University of La Verne, with a Master’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Health Services Management. Jeff currently resides in Castle Rock, CO with his wife and two boys.
Jeffery Linn is Director of Revenue Cycle Management Services for Allscripts. Prior to joining Allscripts, Jeff spent 12 years building …
Mr. McKesson is a director with Navigant Inc.; his former employer was McKinnis Consulting Services, which was acquired by Navigant December 31, 2015. In his role as director, Erick is responsible for ongoing evolution of Epic based services and client project management. He is a seasoned project manager with considerable experience in EHR optimization and revenue cycle operational process improvement.
Mr. McKesson has served as project lead for revenue cycle EHR implementations, net revenue and process improvement projects, reporting enhancement initiatives, and organization re-design projects. Throughout his career, Mr. McKesson has focused on operational engagement, process improvement, and technology enhancement as a means of streamlining hospital and medical group revenue cycle operations. Mr. McKesson has participated in over 20 Epic revenue cycle projects. In addition to his Epic certifications, Erick has training and experience in Single Billing Office, Resolute Professional Billing, Cadence, Epic Charging, Benefits Engine, Clarity Data Models, RADAR, Reporting Workbench, and Hospital Coding. Additionally, Mr. McKesson is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
Mr. McKesson is a director with Navigant Inc.; his former employer was McKinnis Consulting Services, which was acquired by Navigant …
Print and review course materials
Method Of Presentation:
NASBA Field of Study:
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3
UNLIMITED 1 Year Pass for only $199
Allscripts is a global leader in healthcare information technology solutions that advance clinical, financial and operational results. We connect people, places and data across an Open, Connected Community of Health™ with innovative solutions that provide a foundation for population health and expanded connectivity throughout the process of care.