How to Protect Your Company from Bribery and Corruption: Practical Guide
Corporates are already taking anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) risks more seriously nowadays. However, many boardrooms are still complacent regarding ABC compliance and still lack protection from bribery and corruption.
With heightened global cooperation against bribery and corruption, as shown by the international enforcement agencies’ imposition of increased penalties and fines, the need to put and improve ABC compliance procedures is more crucial now than ever. Aside from being aware of the essentials of an anti-corruption compliance program, businesses should also give significant focus on the early detection of corruption issues to better protect themselves against costly investigations.
In this LIVE Webcast, a panel of distinguished professionals and thought leaders brought together by the Knowledge Group will help the audience understand the important aspects of this significant topic. They will provide an in-depth discussion of the current and emerging corruption risks that companies are facing in today’s regulatory landscape. Speakers will also offer best practices in developing and implementing an effective ABC compliance program.
Key topics include:
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) Enforcement: Increasing Global Cooperation
- How to Gauge Bribery and Corruption Risks
- Components of an Effective ABC Compliance Program
- Practical Steps and Tools for Better Protection
Arnaldo Bernardi, Attorney
Hughes Hubbard & Reed
- New Guidance on Corporate Compliance Programs: What are the practical implications of the new guidance recently issued by the U.S. DOJ and the French Anti-Corruption Agency?
- How to Address Key Bribery Risk: What are the elements of a compliance program that deserve the greatest attention from corporations?
- What are the expectations, and what should companies do, when it comes to complying with regulations potentially conflicting with their compliance-related obligations?
Gary Gao, Equity Partner
Zhong Lun Law Firm
- Global Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption (ABAC) enforcement cooperation: How to implement foreign headquarter’s guiding ABAC policies yet fulfill domestic business performance drive?
- How to evaluate and investigate on the company’s bribery and corruption risks? Is the internal ABAC evaluation sheet truly helpful? Practical tips to protect the company from ABAC risks and crisis caused by employee’s usage of private phones/laptops.
- Components of an effective ABAC Compliance Policy: liabilities, risk control, trainings and communications, whistle-blowing system, regular supervisory and assessment, remedial methods, external lawyers’ support, etc.
Who Should Attend:
- Anti-Corruption/Anti-Bribery Lawyers
- Legal and Compliance Executives
- Risk Management Officers
- Top Level Management
Arnaldo is an associate in the Firm’s Anti-Corruption & Internal Investigations practice group in Paris. Arnaldo advises clients on a range of matters involving anti-corruption compliance, white-collar crimes and contract disputes. In connection with his anti-corruption work, Arnaldo’s assistance to clients includes the design and implementation of compliance programs, conducting internal investigations and third-party due diligence reviews, and assessing risks under international and national frameworks. Arnaldo is admitted to practice in New York, France and Italy. Prior to joining Hughes Hubbard, Arnaldo worked in the Milan, New York, and Paris offices of a U.S. top-tier law firm.
Arnaldo is an associate in the Firm’s Anti-Corruption & Internal Investigations practice group in Paris. Arnaldo advises clients on a …
Mr. Gary Gao is the Partner and the Head of Compliance Team of Beijing Zhong Lun Law Firm. So far, Mr. Gao has practiced law for about 24 years, which makes him an experienced lawyer. Mr. Gary Gao was consecutively recommended in Corporate Investigation/Anti-bribery by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019 and Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018. Besides, Mr. Gary Gao was honored as the 2019 “Band 1 Lawyer of Compliance” by LegalBand, the 2017 “Regulatory & Compliance Lawyer of the Year” by China Law & Practice and the 2016 “Client Choice Top 20 Lawyer” by ALB.
Mr. Gary Gao is the Partner and the Head of Compliance Team of Beijing Zhong Lun Law Firm. So far, …
Print and review course materials
Method of Presentation:
General knowledge of anti-bribery and corruption laws
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Areas of Professional Practice
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3
Get Your 1-Year All Access Pass For Only $199
About Hughes Hubbard & Reed
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP is an international law firm ranked for 12 years, including five years in a row as the top-ranked New York-based firm, on The American Lawyer’s A-List of what the magazine calls “the top firms among the nation’s legal elite.” We advise and represent clients in over 30 specialized practices. Our firm strikes the balance between scale and agility, handling large and complex matters, while remaining flexible to adapt to clients’ needs and market developments. For more information, please visit www.hugheshubbard.com.
About Zhong Lun Law Firm
Founded in 1993, Zhong Lun is one of the largest law firms capable of providing a complete spectrum of legal services in China, with over 290 partners and more than 1900 professionals working in sixteen offices strategically located in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Wuhan, Chengdu, Chongqing, Qingdao, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Zhong Lun’s outstanding work has achieved broad recognition and its practice groups and lawyers are frequently cited and recommended in their respective markets by distinguished legal media groups such as Chambers & Partners, Asia Law & Practice, Asian Legal Business, International Financial Law Review and others.