Organizational Management of Cyber Security for Private and Public Sector Institutions in 2015
Cyber security is an increasingly critical issue for all organizations. However, it remains poorly understood. Large financial firms, retailers, manufacturers and telecommunications are amongst the principal targets for organized criminals, cyber terrorists, activists, hackers, and others. An attack on an institution, with the concomitant loss of vital data, can be devastating to the firm’s reputation. The risks of attack and the ultimate consequences thereof seem to grow almost exponentially.
A much deeper and broader understanding of the risks and the required responses is critical if organizations and their regulators want to avert more serious consequences due to increasing global political in-stability. Lack of collaboration and information sharing between the public and private sectors and governments remain among the greatest of risks to security. It is critical to develop a new, robust approach to avert such cyber security risks.
A review of regulatory actions provide some lessons regarding cyber security vulnerability and possible action plans. In this two hour, LIVE Webcast a panel of professionals assembled by The Knowledge Group will provide the audience with an in-depth discussion of the fundamentals of Organizational Management of Cyber Security for Private and Public Sector Institutions in 2015
Key topics include:
- Global Cyber Security Risks
- Collaboration and Information Sharing
- Barriers to Effective Cyber Security
- Policies and Procedures: Limitations
- Policy and Procedure Implementation and Compliance
- Supervisory Systems and Procedures
- Computer and Information Security Protocols
- Encryption and Password Protocols
- Access and Confidentiality
- Action Framework Design
- Information Security Regulations
- Best Practices
- Compliance and Litigation Risks
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Vendor management and cybersecurity for financial institutions
- Collaboration among financial institutions in cyber planning and response
- Resources for financial institutions in cyberplanning
Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP
- Cyber insurance: Procuring an appropriate insurance policy is a vital part of a comprehensive Cyber Security Plan. We will address some important aspects of the developing market for cyber insurance
- Breach Notice: Instead of awaiting a cyber-security incident, institutions should have a pre-established notice format and framework on when notice obligations are triggered. We will detail what a notice should look like and when it should be sent.
- Supply Chain Management: Vendors constitute a significant part of your institution’s cyber risk profile. We will feature key items which should be included in your vendor agreements.
- Attorney Client Privilege: It is vital that all incident response be shielded by the attorney client privilege. We will highlight the rules governing privilege and the approach to preserve privilege.
- Cyber Security - the cost to an organization of a Cyber Breach in terms of financial, reputation and risk
- Social Engineering – protecting from the new ways to breach your organization
- Cyber Security Risk Assessment - assess the cost of improving cyber security
- Cyber Threat Response Team - steps to prepare your organization’s response for when a breach does occur
Who Should Attend:
- Privacy and Data Security Lawyers and Consultants
- Privacy and Data Security Officers
- IT Lawyers
- IT Security Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- Risk Analysts & Controllers
- Risk and Compliance Managers
- Technology Attorneys
- Chief Financial Officers
- Financial Crime Attorneys & Consultants
- Financial Executives/Officers
- Financial Institutions
- Other Related/Interested Professionals
Paige Boshell is a partner at Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP and Chair of the Firm's Privacy and Information Security Team. For more than twenty years, Paige has advised and counseled clients on a variety of information security risk assessment and mitigation issues, including the identification of, protection from, detection of, response to, and recovery from data security breaches and related risks. She advises clients that have suffered a data breach in connection with the resulting investigation, including coordination with fraud investigators, technology service providers and law enforcement, and on the ensuing mitigation efforts, including preparation of customer notices and coordination with vendors, insurers, and consumer reporting agencies.
Paige Boshell is a partner at Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP and Chair of the Firm's Privacy and Information Security …
Patrick J. Whalen is the Chairman and Managing Partner of Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP. Patrick focuses his practice on the financial services and technology sectors, where he counsels companies on data security, intellectual property, and competition issues. He is the co-author of several books and has been active in the leadership of the American Bar Association.
Pat received a J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law (Austin), an M.B.A. from the University of Texas (San Antonio), a BA in Economics from the University of Kansas, and attended the Harvard University Executive Education Program.
Patrick J. Whalen is the Chairman and Managing Partner of Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP. Patrick focuses his practice …
Susan Wortzman is the founder of Wortzmans based in Toronto, Ontario.
Susan’s practice focuses on providing e-discovery and information management advice to law firms and corporations. Prior to founding Wortzmans, Susan was a partner in one of Canada’s leading litigation firms. Her practice focused on a broad spectrum of complex commercial litigation.
Wortzmans provides advice to its clients concerning the management of e-discovery, from preservation, identification, collection, processing, review and production of electronic records. Wortzmans has worked extensively with its clients on litigation, tribunal and regulatory matters. Wortzmans also provides advice to its clients on privacy issues, information management and technology strategies.
Susan is a frequent lecturer on e-discovery topics. She has written several seminal papers concerning e-discovery and its impact on litigation in Canada. She has also chaired and participated in professional committees that have developed provincial and national guidelines for e-discovery. Susan is an active member of the Sedona Canada Working Group’s Steering Committee and is the past Chair of the Sedona Canada Working Group which developed national guidelines for e-discovery in Canada.
Susan is currently a Board Member of the Canadian Stage and co-chairs its Building Strategy
Committee. Susan also co-chaired Art Toronto’s Opening Night Preview Gala in 2014. Susan is a long distance runner and enjoys participating in several races each year. Susan is also a determined, but mediocre golfer.
Susan Wortzman is the founder of Wortzmans based in Toronto, Ontario. Susan’s practice focuses on providing e-discovery and information management …
Print and review course materials
Method of Presentation:
NASBA Field of Study:
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Areas of Professional Practice
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3
Get Your 1-Year All Access Pass For Only $199
About Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP has over 480 attorneys serving individuals, emerging businesses, and established regional, national and international companies. Clients rely on us to provide innovative legal solutions that reflect a deep understanding of their business goals.
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings is one of the largest firms in the Southeast, with offices in Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee and Washington, D.C. These offices provide an extensive geographic base from which to serve regional clients, as well as clients located elsewhere in the country and the world. We serve as national coordinating counsel, regional counsel, and statewide counsel for clients in various industries.
Our Privacy and Information Team is comprised of attorneys across practice groups and office locations. Due to the depth and breadth of our Team as a whole, we can readily provide experienced and effective client service teams tailored to our client's specific industry and privacy and security needs.
About Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP
Spencer Fane is a full-service business law firm with offices in Kansas City, Missouri, Colorado Springs (Colorado), Denver, Jefferson City (Missouri), Omaha (Nebraska), Overland Park (Kansas), Springfield (Missouri) and St. Louis. Founded in 1879, Spencer Fane has practice areas that include corporate, dispute resolution and litigation, employee benefits, environmental, financial services, government relations, health care, intellectual property, labor and employment, municipal and local government, real estate, and tax and estate planning. For more information, visit spencerfane.com https://www.spencerfane.com/ or follow @spencerfane on Twitter.
Wortzmans offers corporations, law firms and government agencies specialized legal and technical advice relating to e-discovery, information governance and technology strategies
Our team combines legal, project management and technical expertise to provide advice in all service areas. For e-Discovery we advise on all stages from preservation to production. Our real focus is on ensuring a targeted collection, using cutting edge technology to process and analyse data prior to review, and finally ensuring best practices for a cost effective and efficient review. Wortzmans also has an experienced and dedicated team of lawyers available for document review projects.
Wortzmans brings both legal and technical perspectives to the table to develop Information Governance strategies for our clients. We draft defensible, easily-implemented policies and protocols to respond to Information Governance and litigation readiness needs. Our Technology Strategies team keeps up with current developments in technology to advise our clients on best-in-breed solutions available to support all e-discovery, information governance and litigation