Maximizing Opportunities and Mitigating Risks in Enterprise Risk Management
Organizations are recognizing the need for a formal risk management system as business risks continue to increase. Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is an important tool because it calls for executive leadership to take a strategic approach in managing risks, thus, addressing risks from the top down. An effective ERM program can help organizations maximize opportunities while managing their risks. It can improve risk visibility and cost management and can enable enhanced management of market, competitive, and economic conditions.
With several executives believing that their organizations’ risk management efforts may not be apace with risks, adjustment of their focus is a must.
In this LIVE webcast, a panel of distinguished professionals and thought leaders assembled by The Knowledge Group will provide the audience with an overview of the significant trends and critical issues relating to Enterprise Risk Management. Speakers will also offer best practices in establishing and maintaining an effective ERM program.
Key topics include:
- Enterprise Risk Management – Overview
- Trends in Organizations’ Risk Management Efforts
- ERM Benefits
- Common Risks and Pitfalls in ERM Programs
- Effective ERM Program Implementation
- Best ERM Program Practices
Remonde Brangman, Managing Director
- Why Developing a sound risk culture is critical to organizational success
- How risk management can improve financial and operational results
- Keys to implementing risk management
- Importance of risk oversight when risks is transferred
- Continued focus on Third Party/Vendor Risk
Kevin Sullivan, CPA, CIA, CFSA, Director
- ERM should be part of a company’s DNA.
- Key risks and mitigation strategies should be communicated throughout the organization, to ensure that all business units are aware of potential consequences should a risk event occur.
- A company’s strategy must drive the management of risk.
- Risk management is the common thread that links balance sheet strength, operating performance and business profile.
Brian B. Johnson, ACAS, MAAA, ARM, CEO and Consulting Actuary
Bartlett Actuarial Group
- Pricing ERM risks requires a thorough discussion to understand what could happen and what it would be expected to cost.
- Historical experience is generally less readily available than typical ‘insurance losses’. Requires a much deeper dive into the historical experience of the company and utilization of outside sources of data.
- Due to the low frequency / high severity nature of most ERM coverages, fairly complex mathematical models are generally used to determine expected loss and potential variability.
- There are numerous options available to mitigate ERM risk and maximize opportunity for the firm
Who Should Attend:
- Chief Risk Officers
- Head of Enterprise Risk Management
- Risk Management Directors
- Internal & External Auditors
- Compliance Directors
- Legal Counsel
- Top Level Management
- Private and Public Companies
- Multinational Companies
- Other Related/Interested Professionals and Organizations
Remonde Brangman is a Managing Director in the national Risk & Advisory Services practice for CBIZ, Inc., bringing over 35 years of experience providing governance, risk and internal controls advisory services to leading financial services entities and governmental organizations globally. As a Managing Director of Risk & Advisory Services, he is our firm’s resident expert on Vendor Risk Management and ISO 31000 and is one of the firm’s top forensic auditors with 22 years of experience leading investigations. His combination of contract audit, vendor risk, internal control and forensic accounting credentials in both Governmental and non-Governmental arenas led him to receive Smart CEO’s 2014 Power Player award as a top consultant in the Washington, DC area.
Remonde Brangman is a Managing Director in the national Risk & Advisory Services practice for CBIZ, Inc., bringing over 35 …
Kevin Sullivan is a Director in the national Risk & Advisory Services practice for CBIZ, Inc., bringing over 35 years of experience providing governance, risk and compliance advisory services to leading financial services entities. As a Director of Risk & Advisory Services, he is a subject matter expert in Enterprise Risk Management with 10 years of experience helping clients implement ERM programs. With a combination of internal control, risk assessment and compliance credentials; he is able to deliver value added GRC services to clients.
Kevin Sullivan is a Director in the national Risk & Advisory Services practice for CBIZ, Inc., bringing over 35 years …
Brian joined Bartlett Actuarial Group in 2004 as a consulting actuary. He has more than 20 years of experience as a property and casualty actuary. In his career, he has worked for Insurance Services Office, Reliance Insurance Company, American International Group, and GMAC Insurance. He has extensive experience with all property and casualty lines of business, including property, professional liability, medical malpractice, workers’ compensation, general liability, commercial automobile and trucking, and many of the emerging lines of business in the insurance world, such as cyber liability and reputational risk.
Brian serves his clients not only as an actuary, but as an experienced risk and insurance consultant. He brings his vast business experience to the table to provide his clients with new ideas and considerations about their risk management programs.
Brian is an Associate in the Casualty Actuarial Society, a member of the American Academy of Actuaries. He holds the Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation from the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters and Insurance Institute of America. He was graduated from Bucknell University in 1995 with a BS in Mathematics.
Originally from Baltimore, Maryland and Atlantic City, New Jersey, Brian and his wife love living in the Lowcountry of Charleston, South Carolina. They enjoy bicycling, kayaking, and spending time outdoors.
Brian joined Bartlett Actuarial Group in 2004 as a consulting actuary. He has more than 20 years of experience as …
Print and review course materials
Method of Presentation:
Experience in corporate goverance law
NASBA Field of Study:
Management Services - Technical
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Areas of Professional Practice
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3
Get Your 1-Year All Access Pass For Only $199
About CBIZ, Inc.
With over 100 offices and 4,000 associates nationwide, CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) is a top ten accounting and professional service provider. Our Risk & Advisory Services practice helps companies address unique risk factors through internal audit sourcing, SOX-404 and PCI DSS compliance programs, cybersecurity services, construction cost reviews, and cost recovery.
About Bartlett Actuarial Group
Bartlett Actuarial Group is an independent property and casualty actuarial consulting firm providing risk management services to a wide variety of clients. We specialize in self-insurance programs, actuarial certification of insurance reserves, captive feasibility studies, captive program formation, financial condition examinations and rate filings. Our office is located in Charleston, SC.