Leveling Up Your Cybersecurity with Zero Trust: A Holistic Approach Against Today’s Threats
In today’s business climate where sophisticated cyberattacks continue to challenge organizations, cybersecurity programs must be anchored around the “zero trust” principle. This approach is a security scheme designed to ensure that critical assets are accessed by authenticated and authorized users only, preventing potential outside and inside threats.
To leverage its potentials, organizations must thoroughly understand zero-trust architecture. They must also be critical in selecting a technology solution that could help them efficiently integrate the zero-trust model in their cybersecurity programs.
Join cybersecurity experts Rashid Ali (WALLIX) and Michael Scheidell (Cloud Computing Concepts LLC) as they delve into a comprehensive discussion on how to level up cybersecurity with the zero-trust approach. Speakers will offer practical tips and strategies for a more efficient cybersecurity program.
This LIVE Webcast will discuss the following:
- The Zero Trust Cybersecurity: An Overview
- Top Cybersecurity Threats
- Maximizing the Zero Trust Approach
- Selecting an Effective Technology Solution
- Managing Risk Issues
- Zero Trust is a key principle. It addresses security by establishing that no one should have privileges to access IT assets by default, and everyone must prove their identity and eligibility before access is allowed – a critical factor!
- Similar to the Principle of Least Privilege, a Zero Trust framework means no one is assumed to a.) be who they say they are, b.) have the right to access resources whenever they wish, and c.) do whatever they want with that access. Zero Trust = controlling the who, what, and when of activity on IT assets.
- Technologies like Privileged Access Management and Endpoint Management empower organizations to implement Zero Trust without creating complex or disruptive processes for their users, offering tight security and business productivity
- The right solutions also enable complete monitoring, recording, and traceability of what privileged users are doing once inside the network. Whether for training purposes, audit after an incident, or proof of regulatory compliance, this in-depth visibility and oversight is an important aspect of true Zero Trust.
Cloud Computing Concepts LLC
- Humans have struggled with protecting their property since we learned to fight off attacks and hide behind castle walls.
- Protecting information assets are no different, and we need to transition from protecting the ‘walls’ (network) to protecting the assets themselves. Even with solid walls, the scullery maid can let the joker in. Zero Trust is a part decision and part commitment to shift protection from the walls to the crown jewels by enlisting ‘guards’ inside the room as well as outside.
Who Should Attend:
- Chief Information Security Officers
- Chief Security Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- Chief Technology Officers
- VPs and Directors of IT
- System Administrators
- Senior Security Engineers and Architects
- Network Administrators
- C-Level Executives
Rashid Ali has over 20 years' experience within the cybersecurity industry both in the UK and abroad. He has worked on major projects throughout his career with some of the largest companies in the world, and has a deep understanding of the challenges organizations are facing when it comes to cybersecurity. Rashid joined WALLIX in 2018 to develop the UKI and Nordic Markets, helping organizations protect their critical assets, and working with channel and technology partners to develop awareness about the need for privileged access and identity management.
Rashid Ali has over 20 years' experience within the cybersecurity industry both in the UK and abroad. He has worked …
Chief Information Security Officer for Security Privateers a Security Management consulting firm specializing in providing guidance and cybersecurity team management for medium to large enterprise.
Scheidell currently works as the CISO for Cloud Security Concepts (C3) and three other organizations including 2 Law firms and one hedge fund research Firm. Previous accomplishments include inventing and patenting a managed IPS that was used to protect US State Department SCIF and Top-secret information.
A recognized expert in the information security and privacy community with over 20 years of experience in security and privacy and a strong history of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Mr. Scheidell is a frequent conference speaker and subject matter expert in Information Security, Governance Risk, Compliance, and corporate physical security and has worked to secure US critical infrastructure such as Rail, Transportation and Utility companies.
Mr. Scheidell has patents in information security, holds several security certifications, as member of the US Secret Service Electronic Crimes Task Force, and FBI’s InfraGard, has consulted on multiple cybersecurity issues.
Scheidell is a senior IEEE member, senior member of ISSA, platinum member of ISACA and serves as the president of the Cloud Security Alliance, South Florida Chapter.
Chief Information Security Officer for Security Privateers a Security Management consulting firm specializing in providing guidance and cybersecurity team management …
Print and review course materials
Method of Presentation:
General knowledge of cybersecurity
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Law Practice Management
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3
Get Your 1-Year All Access Pass For Only $199
WALLIX is a cybersecurity software vendor dedicated to defending and fostering organizations’ success and renown against cyberthreats. The European leader in privileged account governance, WALLIX aims to protect organizations’ most critical IT and strategic assets against data breaches. WALLIX accompanies more than 1,000 companies and organizations worldwide in sectors including Finance, Healthcare, Essential Services, and Manufacturing.
About Cloud Computing Concepts LLC
C3 is an award winning provider of technology and communications services to organizations throughout North America. The company currently owns and operates a geo-diverse VMware powered Cloud infrastructure which provides high performance, secure, and compliant Infrastructure, Desktops, Backup and Disaster recovery solutions. C3 also operates a state of the art Broadsoft powered Hosted PBX, UCaaS and CCaaS platform as well as a nationwide SD-WAN network based on industry leader VeloCloud’s technologies. C3 maintains an extensive list of wholesale carrier relationships for private, internet and wireless connectivity, and also has a broad portfolio of technology related authorizations and certifications. C3’s expert team of certified network engineers design and implement complex solutions and its bilingual service center is available for support 24×7. Additional information about C3 is available online at www.c3cloud.com.