Legal Series: Litigation Super Star Strategies & Techniques LIVE Webcast
Litigation can be challenging for companies and even for an experienced lawyer. Effective strategies and techniques are vital to emerge in a successful litigation practice.
The Knowledge Group is assembling a panel of thought leaders to help companies understand the fundamentals and the recent developments in litigation. In this live two-hour webcast, litigation experts will offer their substantive viewpoints to help you learn to be a superstar litigator. A live interaction with the speakers and several role playing scenarios are also included in this event.
Brian S. Fraser, Litigation Partner,
Richards Kibbe & Orbe LLP
- Preparation begins even before the case begins. You need the right team, the right resources and the right relationship with the client
- Evaluation of the case early on, whether plaintiff or defendant, is critical. Document collection and witness interviews ASAP
- Execution requires efficiency but also thoroughness. Getting the Judge to trust you. Picking the right experts. Thoughtful use of technology.
- Closing the deal. Being ready, willing and able to try the case will either get you a great settlement or you will be ready for trial if it comes.
Marta Alfonso, Principal, CPA*/CFF, CIRA, JD (*licensed to practice in the states of Florida and New York)
- E-discovery data collection strategies and document review methodologies necessarily embrace broader skill sets than traditional review models did
- E-discovery data collection and document review tools are trending towards automated analytic models, techniques and methods that can increase the quality, efficiency, responsiveness and organization of electronically stored information subject to discovery
- Globalization, cloud computing, and social networking continue to raise challenging e-discovery issues for litigants
Basil Imburgia, Senior Managing Director and Dispute Advisory Services Co-Leader,
- The importance of using graphics to make complicated issues simple
- How to select the right expert witness
- From the point of view of an experienced neutral arbiter – developing the trust of the Trier of fact
Irving Levinson, Of Counsel,
K&L Gates LLP
- Powerful and often overlooked discovery ideas can transform difficult cases into winning propositions.
- Several specific outside-the-box strategies may encompass some risk, but nevertheless can be utilized prudently to have great positive effects for your case outcome.
- The effective use of informal investigative techniques can also result in obtaining transformative insights and smoking-gun evidence in your case. Lawyers lost in the maze of formal discovery procedures should adopt the game-changing possibilities of informal discovery.
- Your right brain is there just waiting to be used. Tap your right brain at trial and you just may see amazing results in your case. The right brain advantage begins prior to trial and continues dramatically through opening and closing statements.
- The trial lawyer’s secret tool for obtaining amazing results and building career-long clients is the effective use of mediation. Mediate at the right time and in the right way and your client will see you as a wise counselor, good friend and cost-effective producer of highly favorable results that exceed the results obtained by almost all trial outcomes.
Who Should Attend:
- General Counsel and Litigation Attorneys
- All Attorneys
- Trial Lawyers
- Outside Counsel
- Law Firm Executives
- Senior Management
Print and review course materials
Method of Presentation:
On-demand Webcast (CLE)
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3