Finance Options in 2014: IPOs, Crowd Funding, M&A
Overview:In a two hour live webcast, a panel of thought leaders and practitioners assembled by The Knowledge Group will discuss the significant and latest issues concerning IPO's, Crowd Funding, M&A.
In a two-hour live webcast, the speakers will discuss:
- IPO's, Crowd Funding, M&A: an overview
- Finance options key changes, trends and issues
- Mitigating risks and compliance
- Best practices
- Latest regulatory updates
Alex Castelli CPA, Partner
Gordon Chatterton, CPA, Senior Manager
- In a hot IPO market, how do smaller companies fare?
- Challenges you have if you are a smaller company
- Decimalization of the Market Challenges
- Valuations and After Market Performance
- JOBS Act Highlighted Benefits and Shortcomings
- Consequences of a failed IPO
- Concluding with "What can they do?"
Michael T. Campoli, Of Counsel
Pryor Cashman LLP
- Brief intro to Rule 506.
- What is general solicitation?
- What changed with Rule 506(c)? Note that Rule 506(c) offerings are not crowdfunding, whether as currently allowed or as proposed.
- How does Rule 506(c) work?
- can use general solicitation but can only sell to accredited investors
- issuers must take reasonable steps to verify accredited status (what are they) What impact has Rule 506(c) had during its first year (including a potential discussion of its impact on Rule 506(b) and offerings that were traditionally thought to not involve general solicitation, such as demo days and pitch events)?
- Brief discussion of other rules that the SEC proposed to help it police Rule 506(c) (such as new Form D filing requirements and other technical amendments).
Who Should Attend:
- CFOs, Finance Executives, General Counsel, Compliance Officers and Related from Investment, Finance and Similar Companies
- Controllers, CPAs
- Attorneys with Related Practice Areas
- Senior Financial Professionals
- Business Valuation Specialists
- And other Related/Interested Professionals
Alex Castelli has more than 25 years of experience in managing audit, accounting, and reporting issues of both public and private companies. As a result, he is well-versed with the business issues and capital raising requirements facing emerging growth companies including the JOBS Act and crowdfunding.
As the Firm’s Technology and Life Sciences Industry Practice Leader, Alex’s clients include middle-market companies ranging from early stage and emerging growth companies to venture- and private equity-backed companies and later-stage public companies. He has experience providing assurance and advisory services to SEC clients, including guidance on reporting and filing requirements, technical accounting issues and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. In addition, Alex serves as the Managing Partner of CohnReznick’s Tysons Corner, Virginia office.
Alex Castelli has more than 25 years of experience in managing audit, accounting, and reporting issues of both public and …
Gordon Chatterton has more than 15 years of experience in accounting and auditing, serving the nation’s leading technology, telecommunications, and industrial & consumer products companies. He has specialized in the evolving requirements public entities in those industries have faced as regulatory and capital markets landscape have changed in the last decade. In his role in National Assurance at CohnReznick, Gordon is responsible for keeping the practice informed on the emerging issues in accounting and finance for both public and private enterprises, as well as leading the Firm’s efforts to respond to standard setting bodies and regulators such as the FASB, the AICPA and the SEC. Gordon is a graduate of the University of Tennessee and holds a Masters in Accounting from Auburn University.
Gordon Chatterton has more than 15 years of experience in accounting and auditing, serving the nation’s leading technology, telecommunications, and …
Michael Campoli devotes his practice to counseling public and private companies of all sizes and at all stages of development on a broad range of corporate matters, including compliance with federal and state securities laws, reporting under the Securities Exchange Act, corporate formation and governance matters, public and private debt and equity financing transactions (including early-stage financing initiatives), mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and limited liability company and partnership counseling. Mr. Campoli, a 2000 graduate of New York University School of Law and a 1997 Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Columbia College, has written extensively about financing and securities compliance issues, and was named a “Rising Star” in Securities & Corporate Finance by New York Super Lawyers – Metro Edition magazine (2013 edition).
Michael Campoli devotes his practice to counseling public and private companies of all sizes and at all stages of development …
Print and review course materials
Method of Presentation:
NASBA Field of Study:
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Areas of Professional Practice
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3
Get Your 1-Year All Access Pass For Only $199
With origins dating back to 1919, CohnReznick LLP is the 10th largest accounting, tax, and advisory firm in the United States, combining the resources and technical expertise of a national firm with the hands-on, entrepreneurial approach that today's dynamic business environment demands. CohnReznick serves a large number of diverse industries and offers specialized services for Fortune 1000 companies, owner-managed firms, international enterprises, government agencies, not-for-profit organizations, and other key market sectors.
Headquartered in New York, NY, CohnReznick serves its clients with more than 280 partners, 2,500 employees, and 26 offices. The Firm is a member of Nexia International, a global network of independent accountancy, tax, and business advisors. For more information, visit www.cohnreznick.com.
About Pryor Cashman LLP
Founded in 1963, Pryor Cashman is a independent full service law firm headquartered in New York City. With 130 attorneys in our offices in Times Square, and a satellite office in Los Angeles, we have earned a national reputation for our transactional, litigation and intellectual property work in a wide variety of industries, including entertainment, real estate, restaurant, fashion, technology, life sciences and digital media.
From the start-up phase through full scale development to a sale of the business or public offering, our corporate group has deep experience addressing the challenges facing entrepreneurs and growing companies. We act as outside general counsel for our clients’ day-to-day legal concerns, while also handling their large complex transactions and financing. Our attorneys also work closely our firm’s other practice areas, such as IP, labor and employment, ERISA, real estate, and tax, to provide comprehensive perspective, counsel and businesses services as needed.