Ambient Services: The Evolution of Cloud Computing: What You Need to Know in 2015
In this CLE Webinar, a panel of thought leaders and practitioners assembled by The Knowledge Group will discuss the significant and latest issues you need to know in Cloud Computing.
Some of the major topics that will be covered in this course are:
- What is “Cloud Computing” –
- NIST Definitions and Essential Features
- Public, Hybrid, Private, Special Purpose/Ad hoc, Etc.
- What does today’s “Cloud Market” look like?
- 3 Logical Layers or Tiers of Provider-Types
- Specialized Markets Emerge, Mature
- Nuts and Bolts – Ts&Cs – Constraints, Market Pull, Cost/Benefit
- Data Governance (Security, Ownership, Protection, Encryption, Audit)
- Where is your data? At rest, during processing and handling, in Transit
- Security and Breach Notification, Disaster Assistance, Termination
- Getting Your Data Back, Secondary Use Issues, Forensic Issues
- Race to the Bottom
- Get What You Pay For
- Software Eats the World
- All Clouds are NOT Equal
- continued adoption by enterprise and SME
- Data governance (security, ownership, protection of privacy) is increasingly discussed
- Severe downward pricing pressure on existing ASP-model system providers (SaaS)
- Software eats the world (to borrow a phrase)
The Common Source
- How do you get your data back from the cloud? (Ambient Services and Computing)
- Pricing: be aware of hidden, growing or hourly costs (Developments and Increasing Competition in the Cloud)
- All clouds are not created equal (Software as a Service SaaS Adaptation)
Who Should Attend:
- IT Professionals
- Cloud Computing and Related Areas
- Technology Firms and Others
- IT Lawyers
- Compliance, Privacy and Data Security Officers
- Privacy and Data Security Lawyers and Consultants
- Media and Telecommunication Attorneys
- Other Interested/Related Professionals
Michael Whitt is a lawyer, the co-leader of the Bennett Jones' Information Technology Practice Group, Patent Agent and a Trademark Agent and advises technology-based businesses on commercialization and compliance matters, and the structure, negotiation and documentation of novel business models, strategies and transactions regarding intellectual property and information and other technologies.
Michael has been involved with computer and information technologies for over three decades and assists clients with the protection of personal information and privacy, data protection and anti-spam regulatory compliance, policy review and advice, contract terms in IT and other information-handling and information-flow transactions and operations, breach mitigation and notification, and response to regulatory inquiries and demands in private sector and health information matters both provincially and federally. He has spoken to and advised various professional bodies about technological impacts on work and ethics.
Michael Whitt is a lawyer, the co-leader of the Bennett Jones' Information Technology Practice Group, Patent Agent and a Trademark …
Ann Zdansky is the founder and CEO of The Common Source, LP in Houston, Texas. In May of 1997, Ann established one of the first secure and private cloud solutions for hosting confidential and sensitive data for the legal community.
Ann’s attention to detail and constant desire for improvement led her to earn a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB), and her company’s quality processes have been certified to ISO 9001:2008 standards since 2005.
In 2008, as the Founding Co-Chair of the Houston Chapter of Women in eDiscovery, she demonstrated her desire to further the education of women in the electronic discovery world.
She obtained a Bachelor of Science in Business (Finance) from Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, OK in 1986.
Ann Zdansky is the founder and CEO of The Common Source, LP in Houston, Texas. In May of 1997, Ann …
Print and review course materials
Method of Presentation:
NASBA Field of Study:
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Areas of Professional Practice
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3
Get Your 1-Year All Access Pass For Only $199
About Bennett Jones
Bennett Jones is home to more than 380 lawyers and business advisors in ten offices – Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton, Ottawa, Vancouver, Doha, Dubai, Washington, DC, Bermuda, and Beijing. The firm's professional practice encompasses virtually every sector of business, industry and government. Operating as an integrated unit across its geographic locations, the firm's business practice is to assign lawyers to work on client files who have the skills and experience that best meet clients’ needs.
The firm's ranks are filled with leaders in the fields of mergers and acquisitions, energy and natural resources, corporate finance and banking, bankruptcy and restructuring, commercial litigation, climate change, environment construction, technology and intellectual property, tax, competition, international trade and public policy.
About The Common Source
Established in May of 1997, as one of the first secure and private cloud solutions for hosting confidential and sensitive data for the legal community. Managing data on a private and secure cloud environment allows parties in multi-party litigation to work from one shared “common source” of data. Since the users do not have to purchase and maintain the infrastructure to manage large document populations, the smallest of firms can work at an equal level with the larger firms. The company was so far ahead of its time that its first clients had to access the system via a dial-up modem.
In 2006, the growth of electronic data was about to exceed the capabilities of existing databases. We began the development of an intricate system which combined document scanning, indexing, image management, electronic discovery, processing of electronic files to extract metadata, exportability to deliver files, images and data sets on demand – all orchestrated by a sophisticated search and retrieval system: Gabriel Docs™. The company has assisted law firms, corporations and the medical industry worldwide with managing volumes of documents. For more information we can be found online at www.commonsource.com .