Reinventing Your HR Operations with Effective HR Technologies and Human Capital Management Solutions
Human Capital Management (HCM) technology has historically been used to manage the workforce as a quantifiable asset, evaluates employee and organizational capability in terms of skills, attendance and work hours. Effectively managing the workforce today is a tougher business and technology challenge, as companies seek to create compelling experiences for workers that enable them to get work done and manage their careers in an environment that feels consumer-grade with social, mobile and collaborative capabilities. Effectively managing this important resource results in operational efficiency and increased customer satisfaction.
In this LIVE Webcast, a remarkable panel of thought leaders, professionals, and practitioners assembled by The Knowledge Group will discuss the fundamentals of HR technology and HCM, and will offer practical tips for companies looking to reinvent their HR Operations with innovative HR technologies and HCM solutions.
- HR Processes, Strategy, and Technology
- Role of Technology in HR Service Delivery
- High-Potential (HIPO) Programs
- Pitfalls of HIPO Program
- HCM Strategy Design, And HCM Technology
- Latest HCM Technology Capabilities
Harry West, VP, Services Product Management
- We're living in the Age of the Customer, and your employees are used to being treated incredibly well by Digital technology experiences in their personal lives, especially as consumers
- HR and worker-facing technology is a big part of the Worker Experience, which is a part of a Virtuous Cycle with the Customer Experiences you create for external stakeholders: you can't create great experiences for customers unless your workers are fully engaged and empowered
- The bar has been raised to a new level in terms of experiences we create for people at work- not just full-time employees, either
- Creating an exceptional Worker Experience with the right mix of processes and technology has tremendous business impact.
- There are 3 key ingredients to creating a great experience for workers:
- Consumer-grade technology
- Enabling more flexible ways of working
- Eliminating barriers between workers and information
Ed Coates, Vice President- Benefits and Compensation
Texas Mutual Insurance Company
- How Texas Mutual transformed its HR operation with new integrated HCM
- Old environment: Systems not integrated. Staff mostly processing transactions. Limited strategic focus
- New environment: Integrated HCM, more strategic HR operation, more data available to management and employees
- Challenges and benefits of operating in a Cloud HCM environment
Jason Feliciano, Insights and Analytics Partner
- Background analytics and data science
- Connection between sound processing technology and analytics you can produce
- Leading to KPI’s and analytics you want
- Ideal way to approaching this – things to consider
- A few case studies on recruiting, etc.
Who Should Attend:
- Employment and Labor Lawyers
- Technology Lawyers
- HR Executives and Personnel
- Labor Counsel
- Technology Officers
- Privacy and Security Officers
- Other related/interested Professionals and Organizations
Harry West is the Vice President of Services Product Management at Appirio. Harry has over 20 years experience as a Human Capital Management (HCM) technology professional. He previously ran the Workday consulting practice at Appirio and was a Managing Consultant in the HCM Strategy practice at Appirio and at Knowledge Infusion, advising firms around the world on how to get the most out of their workforce through better people, processes and technology.
Harry was also a leader in the Product Management organization at SAP AG and SAP Labs for over 15 years, where he led the introduction of new HCM solutions for managing people and talent for users of the SAP Business Suite. Among the products Harry helped launch there were SAP's first HR solutions for North American payrolls, Talent Management, Learning, Composite applications and BPO solutions for outsourcing providers running the SAP platform.
Harry currently focuses on defining and delivering new offerings that help clients succeed in the Customer Experience era, delivering world-class worker and customer experiences based on actionable People and Marketing strategies, best-in-class cloud software, and custom applications delivered through Appirio's unique services platform.
Harry West is the Vice President of Services Product Management at Appirio. Harry has over 20 years experience as a Human Capital Management (HCM) …
Ed Coates has been with Texas Mutual Insurance Company since 1999 and is the Vice President of Benefits and Compensation. Prior to joining Texas Mutual, he worked for a private benefits consulting firm for 5 years. Ed is responsible for benefits, compensation, and wellness programs covering over 930 employees. He also has oversight for the HCM system and was the Project Manager for the 2015 deployment of Workday. Ed has previously led the implementation of a cloud-based Performance and Succession management system from Cornerstone and a cloud-based recruiting solution from Ceridian. Ed served as President of the Central Texas Compensation and Benefits Association in 2010. He was named the 2010 Benefits Professional of the Year by Employee Benefits News Magazine. Ed has previously spoken at national regional conferences on HR technology and employee wellness programs. Texas Mutual has been recognized as one of the Healthiest Employers in Central Texas and a Best Company to Work for in Texas.
Ed has a BS in Economics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is also a competitive Masters swimmer with a team at the University of Texas, competing in both regional and national competitions.
Ed Coates has been with Texas Mutual Insurance Company since 1999 and is the Vice President of Benefits and Compensation. …
Jason Feliciano is an Insights and Analytics Partner at S&P Global, currently leading the development of the firm’s global workforce analytics framework. In addition, he is partnering with corporate IT to implement a master data management program. He has previously held analytical roles in Tata Consultancy Services, JetBlue Airways, and New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Jason has a strong background in applying advanced statistical and machine learning techniques, as well as designing information systems to deliver the data and insights that businesses need efficiently and accurately. His passion is to merge disparate data sources to enable holistic business analytics. Prior projects include quantifying the business value of employee engagement, employee attrition modeling, customer segmentation, and social media monitoring.
Jason Feliciano is an Insights and Analytics Partner at S&P Global, currently leading the development of the firm’s global workforce …
Print and review course materials
Method of Presentation:
NASBA Field of Study:
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3
Get Your 1-Year All Access Pass For Only $199
Appirio is a global services company that helps customers create next-generation Worker and Customer Experiences using the latest cloud technologies. Our free thinking consultants deliver unmatched customer value by creating actionable strategies, delivering results quickly, and helping organizations adapt to a new experience-driven era. We do this by harnessing the power of one of the world’s largest crowdsourcing communities and thousands of pre-built solution accelerators. Appirio is a trusted partner to some of the world’s largest brands, including YP, Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Home Depot, Sony PlayStation, Moen, and IBM.
About Texas Mutual Insurance Company
Texas Mutual Insurance Company is the state's leading workers' compensation provider. Texas Mutual insures 40% of the Texas workers' compensation market. Approximately 65,000 business owners rely on Texas Mutual for their workers’ compensation needs. Texas Mutual is a mission-based company, committed to preventing workplace accidents and getting injured employees well and back to work in the unfortunate event that an accident occurs. Texas Mutual shares its financial success with safety conscious policyholders, returning over $1.8 billion in dividends since 1999.
Texas Mutual has the financial strength to deliver on its promises. Last year alone, Texas Mutual wrote more than $1 billion in premium. Texas Mutual is routinely recognized as one of the country’s most financially secure insurance companies. The company’s health and wellness programs have also received numerous accolades from local and industry organizations.
About S&P Global
S&P Global is a leading financial intelligence company providing the global capital and commodity markets with independent benchmarks, credit ratings, portfolio and enterprise risk solutions, and analytics. The Company's iconic brands include Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices, Platts and CRISIL.