Cyber Insurance: Exploring Opportunities for Your Businesses
As cases of cyber-based threats continue to proliferate, business data are in high stakes situations. These threats pose significant impact which could disrupt business operations. Thus, more companies are turning to cyber insurance to mitigate and safeguard them from potential business interruption losses and data breaches.
Designed to meet a company’s specific needs, cyber insurance has become an integral part of risk management. As businesses of all sizes and industries have become more prone to a myriad of security threats, business owners and insurers must have a keen understanding of all insurance policies and procedures to maximize the potentials of cyber insurance and avoid pitfalls.
Listen as seasoned insurance coverage partner, Ms. Katherine Henry (Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP) provides the audience with an in-depth discussion of the fundamentals as well as recent developments in cyber insurance. Ms. Henry will dig deeper as she analyses its potentials and drawbacks and offer best strategies in leveraging cyber insurance.
In a LIVE webcast, the speaker will discuss:
- Cyber-Based Risks and Losses
- Cyber Insurance as a Critical Component of a Cyber Risk Management Program.
- Specialized Cyber Insurance Policies – Available Coverage
- Identifying Policy Terms and Conditions
- Recent Case Law Developments
- Methods to Procure the Best Coverage
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- All organizations face ever-increasing cyber-based risks.
- Cyber losses are no longer one-dimensional, but result from a host of malicious and criminal acts, as well as non-malicious operational and system failures.
- Cyber insurance is a critical component of a cyber risk management program.
- For most organizations, specialized cyber insurance policies provide the most comprehensive coverage.
- Cyber policies vary in scope and form, so organizations must identify policy terms and conditions that address their cyber risks.
- After reviewing recent case law developments, this program will discuss the coverage available under specialized cyber policies and methods to procure the best coverage for your organization.
Who Should Attend:
- Insurers and Reinsurers
- Cyber Insurance Lawyers
- Privacy Law Attorneys
- Chief Information Officers
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Information Security Officers
- Cyber and Privacy Insurance Companies
- Data Breach Analysts
- Privacy and Data Security Officers
- Private and Public Companies
Katherine Henry is the Chair of the Policyholder Insurance Coverage team. Katherine’s practice focuses on meeting clients’ business objectives in matters involving insurance. She regularly advises Fortune 10 and other companies on complex insurance programs involving manuscript and specialty policies, including programs with multi-national coverage towers of $500 million to $1 billion, and programs incorporating various risk transfer and financing mechanisms, such as fronting programs, paid deductible programs, and collateral agreements. Her practice spans all aspects of policyholder insurance coverage, from initial policy placement and renewals to claims management and litigation both in the United States and abroad. Her past and present policyholder clients include two of the world's largest automakers, the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer, an auto insurance company, a vacuum cleaner manufacturer, a quasi-governmental defined benefit plan, numerous healthcare-related entities, a private-equity investment firm, various banks and financial institutions, and a national trade association for the gases and welding industry.
Print and review course materials
Method Of Presentation:
General knowledge of cyber security
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Areas of Professional Practice
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3
UNLIMITED 1 Year Pass for only $199
About Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
Bradley is a national law firm with a reputation for skilled legal work, exceptional client service, and impeccable integrity. The firm provides business clients around the world with a full suite of legal services in dozens of industries and practice areas. Their nine offices are located in Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and the District of Columbia, giving us an extensive geographic base to represent clients on a regional, national, and international basis. We frequently serve as national coordinating counsel, regional counsel, and statewide counsel for clients in various industries.
Although Bradley is a large law firm with over 500 lawyers, their clients still enjoy the personal attention, responsiveness, and deep relationships they would expect from a boutique firm. The fimr’s attorneys and staff combine legal experience and knowledge with sophisticated understanding of industries to work side by side with clients and come up with practical, strategic solutions specifically tailored to their businesses and operations. Bradley lawyers use their talents, judgment, work ethic, and experience to go above and beyond expectations to help our clients meet their goals.