Challenges of Social Media in 2018: Every Lawyer’s Professional Obligations Explored!
With the continuously increasing number of social media platforms in the U.S., addressing and managing the legal and ethical obligations of professionals from the legal industry have been more challenging and complex than ever. A key thought leader will bring the audience to a road beyond the basics of Social Media and its platforms while providing an in-depth analysis of the current trends and issues involving this significant topic. The speaker will also provide the audience with practical tips and strategies in dealing with the legal and ethical challenges.
Key topics include:
- Social Media and the Legal Industry
- Addressing Risks and Threats: What Every Lawyer Needs to Know and Do
- Identifying Legal and Ethical Challenges
- Recent and Significant Court Rulings
- Trends, Developments and Updates
Marval, O'Farrell & Mairal
- Faculty of control by the employer of the electronic communications systems used by the employees.
- Employee’s responsibility for inappropriate use of the electronic systems (including but not limited to posts containing rude, vulgar, insulting or offensive language, pornographic, sexual, racial, religious and/or discriminatory references of any kind).
- Dismissal of an employee due to the inappropriate use of the electronic systems.
- Recommended procedure in case bullying and/or any kind of harassment is detected on social media.
Who Should Attend:
- Social Media Lawyers
- IT Security Officers
- Private and Public Companies
- Marketing and Advertising Directors
- Compliance and Ethics Officers
- Chief Information Officers
Enrique M. Stile joined Marval, O’Farrell & Mairal in 1997 and has been a partner since 2006. He specializes in labor and employment law. His practice focuses on full employment advice for multinational and local corporations, especially in mergers and acquisitions, transference of employees, rightsizings, union issues, compensation programs and in adapting international policies to local legislation. He has a strong background in negotiating employment conditions and termination agreements in multi-jurisdictional labor advice. He has been nominated as leader in his area by international publications. He actively participates in international congresses and he has written numerous articles in well-known publications.
Print and review course materials
Method of Presentation:
Basic Knowledge on Social Media Laws
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Ethics and Professionalism
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3
Get Your 1-Year All Access Pass For Only $199
About Marval, O'Farrell & Mairal
Founded in 1923, Marval, O’Farrell & Mairal is the largest law firm in Argentina. A market leader at both local and Latin American levels, the firm has been providing sophisticated, high quality advice to international and local clients for more than 90 years.
The firm comprises over 300 lawyers and has wide experience of international business issues and the complexities of cross-border transactions. Marval, O’Farrell & Mairal also has an office in New York, providing invaluable support on US transactions.