Mike serves as the Senior Vice President for Regulatory Policy at the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS). In this capacity, Mike represents the state banking system in the development of federal regulatory policy in the areas of consumer protection and safety and soundness. He is also responsible for any issues related to the coordination and cooperation between state and federal regulators. Mike serves as the staff director for the Regulatory Committee, State Federal Working Group, and the FFIEC’s State Liaison Committee. Prior to this assignment, Mike worked in all facets of CSBS’s Professional Development Division. He is a frequent instructor and speaker on bank examination, bank financial analysis and regulatory issues. Mike serves on the faculty of the Graduate School of Banking at Colorado, the Texas Tech Bank School and the Graduate School of Bank Investments and Financial Management. Prior to joining CSBS in 1999, Mike was a bank examiner for the Iowa Division of Banking for 11 years.
Mike is a graduate of the University of Nebraska at Omaha. He lives in Ashburn, Virginia with his wife, Becki, and two children.
Prior to joining Deloitte & Touche, he was SVP in the Corporate Treasury group of Bank of America, where he developed the enterprise wide economic capital and RAROC framework for organizational and customer profitability reporting.
- Alok has approximately19 years of experience in the financial services industry specializing in bank regulatory capital and capital management, credit risk management and banking infrastructure
- Alok is the Banking & Securities industry sector leader for Deloitte & Touche LLP. He also leads Deloitte’s Basel / Regulatory Capital practice in the United States
- Alok and his team assist some of the largest financial institutions with Basel II programs, both in the US and globally. He advises several leading banks on topics such as capital strategy and optimization, regulatory strategy, and credit portfolio management.
- Alok has assisted several large banks with technology infrastructure initiatives relating to design, architecture and implementation of credit risk rating systems, risk data warehouses, regulatory capital processes, and data management solutions.
- He served on the RMA task force to provide the industry’s response to the Basel Committee, and recommend revisions to US regulators. He is a frequent speaker on capital related topics at industry conferences such as GARP and Knowledge Congress, and has been extensively quoted in industry publications such as American Banker, Risk magazine, Financial Foresights, Operational Risk, etc.