Asia-Pacific Private Equity: A Ricochet in 2015
The Knowledge Group has assembled a panel of key thought leaders to provide the audience with an in-depth analysis of the status and outlook of private equity in Asia-Pacific in 2015 which posted a strong start in the first quarter of year 2014.
Key topics include:
- Asia-Pacific Private Equity 2015 Outlook
- Strong Investment Value in Q1 2014
- Improved Exit Value in Several Markets
- Expected Influx of Capital to Few Private Equity Firms
"Private Equity Opportunities in Asia-Pacific Insurance"
- The Asia Pacific market is rapidly expanding for insurance products, and this creates many opportunities for PE
- Opportunities are varied, and include equity positions, debt positions, and other more exotic investment forms;
- While opportunities are numerous, so are risks - the market is different than the US and EU;
- Both new and established businesses are in the field;
- What is the next move for PE funds looking to enter, or expand a presence in, the market?
RPCK Rastegar Panchal
"Reps and Warranties Insurance in Private Equity M&A Transactions"
- Investors and Sponsors are looking increasingly to creative solutions in M&A transactions
- For buyers, Rep and Warranty Insurance (RWI) allows for more competitive bids and facilitates risk transfer in delicate situations, including where owners of target will become employees;
- For targets, RWI can increase deal value and give comfort to passive (early stage) investors;
- Overall, can help shorten deal negotiations;
- Costs still need to be weighted, however, and choosing the right type of policy is key;
- Talk will cover benefits of RWI as compared to traditional indemnification measures, an overview of our experience in the market for RWI, and our thoughts on future trends.
Who Should Attend:
- Private Equity Attorneys, Accountants, Advisors, and Consultants
- Private Equity Firms
- Finance Lawyers
- Finance Manager
- Target Companies for Foreign Investment
- Other Related/Interested Professionals
Michael Kasdin is a member of Dentons' Insurance Regulation practice and a member of Dentons' Insurance sector. He has extensive experience counseling clients in all aspects of insurance and reinsurance law, whether it be in litigation, arbitration or regulatory and transactional matters. Michael focuses his practice on providing transactional and regulatory advice to private equity funds, but he also advices insurance industry professionals, helping to ensure compliance, obtain approvals, and develop new products. He also has litigation experience including the representation of funds in post-closing disputes, as well as representing insurers and reinsurers in complex coverage and commercial disputes. Michael has been awarded the Re Scholar designation by the Reinsurance Association of America, has been designated a Rising Star for three years in a row by Super Lawyers, and has received numerous awards recognizing his pro bono service.
Michael Kasdin is a member of Dentons' Insurance Regulation practice and a member of Dentons' Insurance sector. He has extensive …
Chintan Panchal is the Principal of RPCK New York. Chintan regularly advises on a wide range of merger and acquisition-related matters, including cross-border transaction structuring and negotiation, spin-offs, divestitures, private equity buyouts and joint ventures. As an advisor, Chintan brings a broad-based commercial perspective which is essential in solving challenging legal matters and achieving efficient and lasting solutions. He has diverse experience representing clients in a variety of industries and, as an entrepreneur, is well-versed in the challenges facing growing companies.
Chintan is a member of the bar in New York and the District of Columbia. Prior to founding the New York office of RPCK, Chintan worked as a banking finance and dispute resolution associate in the New York and Hong Kong offices of Allen & Overy. He also clerked for the Honorable Judith M. Barzilay of the United States Court of International Trade in New York and received his J.D. from Emory University School of Law.
Chintan Panchal is the Principal of RPCK New York. Chintan regularly advises on a wide range of merger and acquisition-related matters, including …
Print and review course materials
Method of Presentation:
On-demand Webcast (CLE)
NASBA Field of Study:
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Areas of Professional Practice
2.0 CPE (Not eligible for QAS (On-demand) CPE credits)
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3
Get Your 1-Year All Access Pass For Only $199
Dentons is a global firm driven to provide a competitive edge in an increasingly complex and interconnected marketplace. It was formed in March 2013 by the combination of international law firm Salans LLP, Canadian law firm Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP (FMC) and international law firm SNR Denton. Dentons is built on the solid foundations of these three highly valued law firms. Each built an outstanding reputation and valued clientele by responding to the local, regional and national needs of a broad spectrum of clients of all sizes – individuals; entrepreneurs; small businesses and start-ups; local, regional and national governments and government agencies; and mid-sized and larger private and public corporations, including international and global entities.
Dentons' clients now benefit from approximately 2,600 lawyers and professionals in more than 75 locations spanning 50-plus countries across Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, Central Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Russia and the CIS, the UK and the US who are committed to challenge the status quo and offer creative, dynamic business and legal solutions.
About RPCK Rastegar Panchal
RPCK Rastegar Panchal is a boutique corporate law firm focusing on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate governance, restructurings, joint ventures, and cross-border international commercial transactions.