Accounts Payable Automation: Exploring Its Implications To Your Business
Data entry errors, late fees and high processing costs are just some of the many accounts payable (AP) issues every company faces. Companies of all sizes and in various fields have always been looking for innovative ways to address the problems concerning their AP department.
One of the technological means, which businesses can take advantage of, is AP automation. Aside from financial benefits, AP automation can also improve transparency, utilization of talent, and business relationships. It can also deter fraud and minimize risks of non-compliance to financial industry regulations.
The Knowledge Group has assembled a panel of key thought leaders to help the audience understand the important aspects of this significant topic. They will also provide an in-depth analysis of AP automation as a rising business trend and will also offer best practices on its implementation.
In this LIVE Webcast, the speakers will discuss:
- Accounts Payable (AP) Automation: Statistics and Overview
- Latest AP Automation Trends
- Automation and Regulatory Compliance
- Weighing the Effects on Businesses
- Best Practices
Jess Scheer, Executive Editor
To make the business case for automation, organizations have to:
- Determine if they have the invoice volume to justify an investment
- Know how much more of an improvement is realistic if they automate – or automate a bit more than they do now.
Why an organization should automate:
- frees up time for higher-value tasks by AP
- enables capturing of early pay discounts
- enables organizations to get ahead of regulatory compliance challenges— at a time fines and penalties are on the rise.
Ryan Nelson, Co-Founder & COO
- Starting the AI journey for your accounts payable dept. As automation becomes the new standard, when will be the best time for you to join?
- The tough part of the business case: repurpose or reduce
- Paint the perfect picture for AP automation and reverse engineer it
Who Should Attend:
- VP Procurement
- Director Procurement
- Chief Procurement Manager
- Chief Credit Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Executive Officers
- Credit Managers
- Accounts Payable and Finance Professionals
- Finance/Accounting Directors
- VPs of Finance/Accounting
- Public and Private Companies
- Other Interested Professionals
Ryan Nelson has more than 20 years in enterprise software and management consulting experience, including supply chain software implementation and process optimization for Fortune 50 companies; among them, Chevron, Honeywell, AIG, and Zurich Insurance Group.
He began his career with PricewaterhouseCoopers management consulting then joined Ariba (now SAP Ariba) where he led the international software rollout for Chevron. After Ariba, he co-founded blueSolutions, a supply chain optimization and software implementation consultancy, which was acquired by SAP reseller Hubwoo in 2008. Since 2009, Nelson has been focused on turning big data into big opportunities at Goby, an enterprise data and accounts payable automation platform utilizing artificial intelligence.
He is an avid sailor, reader, environmentalist, guitarist, budding pianist, aspiring philosopher, and entrepreneur.
Ryan Nelson has more than 20 years in enterprise software and management consulting experience, including supply chain software implementation and …
IOFM’s Executive Editor Jess Scheer is an award-winning business reporter, focused on the intersection of accounting, finance and management. He is responsible for all content delivered through IOFM’s:
- AP and AR certifications, which has been utilized by more than 30,000 professionals;
- Membership, which provides practitioners access to the world’s largest database of AP and AR best practices and benchmarks;
- Two annual APP2P Conferences, the world’s largest gathering of AP professionals.
He is a frequent speaker: keynoting events and hosting more than 25 webinars per year. Immediately before joining IOFM, Jess spent five years as a process consultant, helping organizations more effectively and efficiently manage end-to-end processes, including Procure-to-Pay and Order-to-Cash.
Prior to that, he spent nearly two decades leading large-scale, industry-wide benchmarking studies. Jess’ recent AP benchmarking findings will serve as a springboard for today’s webinar.
IOFM’s Executive Editor Jess Scheer is an award-winning business reporter, focused on the intersection of accounting, finance and management. He …
Print and review course materials
Method of Presentation:
Basic knowledge of accounts payable (AP) management
NY Category of CLE Credit:
Law Practice Management
Unlock All The Knowledge and Credit You Need
Leading Provider of Online Continuing Education
It's As Easy as 1, 2, 3
Get Your 1-Year All Access Pass For Only $199
Goby is an Accounts Payable and ESG Solutions platform. Its users save time, mitigate risks, and increase ROI with powerful invoice automation, workflows, and analytics. Founded in 2008, Goby has 50 employees and hundreds of clients across the globe. To learn more, visit Goby at www.gobyinc.com.
IOFM (the Institute of Finance and Management) is proud to be recognized as the leading organization in providing training, education and certification programs specifically for professionals in accounts payable, procure-to-pay, accounts receivable/credit and collection, and order-to-cash. Learn more at IOFM.com