- Keystone National Properties is an advisory firm specializing in the sponsorship and management of real estate investments. Our founders have over 30 years combined experience in the real estate and financial industries, including specialized experience in tax deferral and other tax incentivized real estate transactions.
- The team involved in our subsidiary, Keystone Land Partners has extensive experience including mining and development projects as well as over $1 billion in tax credit and other tax incentivized transactions
- Our law firm has worked on over 100 development offerings that have easement options.
- Our specialty tax advisor, an ex-Deloitte partner, has over 40 years as a CPA and has primarily focused on easements for the last 5 years
We are a boutique tax, corporate, and securities firm located in Atlanta, Georgia with the following core practice areas:
- Commercial finance, including government-guaranteed lending;
- Investment fund and private equity fund formation;
- Syndication of federal and state tax credits;
- Commercial real estate;
- Renewable energy;
- Tax planning; and
- Structuring of complex corporate, partnership and joint venture transactions.
Michael Packman is the founder of Keystone National Properties. Packman began his career more than 20 years ago in the finance industry. During the first chapter of his career, Packman quickly rose through the ranks of the first firm he worked for, becoming the youngest Vice President in the firm’s history. Additionally, Packman oversaw the Long Island region for the brokerage arm of a major international financial firm. In 2003, Packman formed his own diversified financial company. After the downturn, real estate, especially 1031 exchanges, became a major focus. The company grew to a very well-respected advisory firm in the space and led to a successful exit from the business. Packman is Chairman of the C-Suite Network Specialty Tax Council, which focuses on innovative strategies to reduce or defer taxes. Packman’s entrepreneurial endeavors now also include co-founding Bundlefi, a financial technology start-up where he serves as Vice-Chairman. Packman frequently speaks at family office events both large and small as well as some of the nationally recognized business and real estate conferences. Packman is the 1031 expert contributor for the New York Real Estate Journal and has been featured in the Real Deal. Packman is a well-respected leader in his community who throughout the years has served on several advisory and non-profit boards.
Devlin is Partner practicing in the areas of securities, tax, and corporate law with the firm of Brodnan Dwyer, LLC in Atlanta, Georgia. In his practice, Devlin provides counsel to entrepreneurs, business owners and fund sponsors and managers, including the following representation:
- Structuring real estate and tax-motivated investment vehicles as well as private equity funds, hedge funds, commodity pools, and debt offerings, including master-feeder structures organized in the United States and in offshore jurisdictions;
- Advising on entity formation, structure, and governance, including the drafting of shareholder and operating agreements, buy/sell agreements, restrictive covenants, and deferred compensation arrangements;
- Registering fund managers as registered investment advisers (RIAs) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and state regulatory bodies as well as commodity pool operators (CPOs) and commodity trading advisors (CTAs) with the National Futures Association (NFA);
- Counselling, and negotiating on behalf of, clients with respect to corporate transactions, including asset and stock purchases and sales, mergers, joint ventures, private lending, and corporate restructurings;
- Maintaining regulatory compliance with SEC, Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and FATCA rules and regulations and federal and state laws; and
- Drafting a wide range of contracts, including consulting and employment agreements, profits interest plans, management agreements, debt instruments, and security agreements and pledges.
Prior to founding Brodnan Dwyer, Devlin was Senior Counsel with Kowan & Cordon, LLC, a boutique tax and private equity-focused law firm
Devlin is an active member of the State Bar of Texas and the State Bar of Georgia.
Don has supported individual and corporate clients as a CPA for more than 40 years and as a registered representative for 18 years. Don has his BSIR and MBA from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. He began his career at Haskin & Sells in 1974 and was a partner at Deloitte Haskins & Sells from 1985-1990. In 1996, Don joined the financial services sector and he holds FINRA licenses 6, 7, 63, 65 and 24.
Don is a nationally recognized speaker, published author, and thought leader in the accounting and finance communities. Don developed the Deans Consulting process, whereby we:
- Vigilantly scour the tax code, the latest strategies, and potential products
- Rigorously conduct due diligence of products for implementing tax strategies
- Where voids exist, work with sponsors to develop products to add to the mix
- Target spheres of influence via associations, speaking and continuous drip marketing
- Accelerate the sales process through speaking, teaching, and teaming up selling
- Coach client organizations on marketing process, talent development, product clarity, and client need fulfillment.
The Deans Consulting process works for bringing viable, yet underutilized tax strategies to high income people and those who serve them.
Don’s articles are published by the Georgia Society of CPAs at www.gscpa.org. His guidance has been sought out by the Journal of Accountancy, Hartford Business Journal, and statewide CPA magazines in Connecticut, Georgia and North Carolina. Don is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), NC Association of CPAs (NCACPA) and the Georgia Society of CPAs (GSCPA).
Don resides in Charlotte, NC with his wife Kim and their three children, Will, James, and Lauren and he has three adult daughters as well, Mary Kathryn, Elizabeth, Rebekah, as well as five grandchildren.
Deans Consulting, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry.