As the US Supreme Court's decision in Alice Corp. v. CLS Bank International continues to remold the landscape of patent-eligibility, assessing the value of software patents is becoming more challenging. Compounding the difficulties from a shifting legal landscape, the technical evolution of software and software patents may have outpaced many of the traditional valuation tools used by business owners and the Courts. Patent owners need to reassess the value of software patents and portfolios and the potential for litigation damages recovery.
In this two-hour LIVE Webcast, a panel of distinguished professionals and thought leaders assembled by The Knowledge Group will provide the audience with an in-depth discussion of Patent Valuation for Software Inventions and will help them understand the important aspects of this noteworthy topic. Speakers will also offer best practices in software patent valuation methodology and strategies for damages recovery in litigation.
Key topics include:
- Patent Valuation for Software Inventions – An Overview
- Challenges in the Valuation Process
- Traditional Valuation Approaches
- Differences when Addressing Licensing Entities and Defensive Portfolios
- Valuation in a Litigation Context
- Importance of Apportionment in Litigation
- Additional Useful Valuation Tools