The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) has made significant changes to the healthcare industry, impacting every American in some capacity. For employers, PPACA imposes a serious number of requirements that directly affect the operations of a business. Failure to comply with these requirements may result to unwanted penalties pursuant to the Employer Shared Responsibility Provisions of the Act. To avoid unnecessary costs and sanctions, employers should strictly observe proper compliance measures.
In this two-hour LIVE webcast, a panel of distinguished professionals and thought leaders will offer a discussion to help the audience better understand the key aspects of PPACA. Emphasis will also be given to several PPACA updates. They will also offer practical guidance in complying with the PPACA requirements and in avoiding risks of noncompliance.
Key topics include:
- PPACA Employer Responsibility
- Requirements for Applicable Large Employers
- Employer Mandate or “Play or Pay”
- Minimum Essential Coverage and Minimum Value
- Affordable Health Coverage
- Safe Harbors
- Federal Poverty Line
- Rate of Pay
- Employer Shared Responsibility: The Penalties
- Best Practices and Guidance
- Latest Regulatory Updates