With the endless pursuit for digital business strategies and operational efficiency, more enterprises are turning to the cloud to take advantage of its greater scalability and cost-effective technological offers. However, failure to retain and ensure data control and security when deploying the public cloud may lead to unfavorable results such as data loss and increased costs. Thus, it is imperative for companies to properly assess the implications of cloud technology to successfully mitigate potential risks. It also pays for organizations to conduct a comprehensive risk analysis in order to come up with the best approach to manage cloud data security.
In this LIVE Webcast, a panel of distinguished professionals and thought leaders organized by The Knowledge Group will provide the audience with an overview of the latest trends and critical issues with respect to Cloud Data Security Management. Speakers will also help them understand the important aspects of this significant topic and will offer best practices in developing and implementing effective security policies and strategies while ensuring compliance with data security laws.
Some of the major topics that will be covered in this course are:
- Background information – data stored in the cloud
- FFIEC Guidance on Cloud Outsourcing – Regulatory guidance on cloud for financial institutions
- Requests in CIDs and subpoenas
- Challenges retrieving documents and data from the cloud
- General regulatory issues and recent regulatory and enforcement developments
- Due diligence strategies
- Security from Hacks and Data Breaches: Best Practices
- Management of PII (Personally Identifiable Information): Best Practices
- Evolving Standards in Cloud Data Security
- Negotiating with Large Customers as a Software Provider
- Contracting to address known risks, and contingency planning for unknown risks