Recent statistics have shown the increase in the number of wage and hour lawsuits, particularly brought pursuant to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). According to a source, an aggregate amount of $3.6 billion was paid for settlements from January 2007 through March 2015. Considering this, it is deemed essential to be well acquainted with all the subtleties involved in wage and hour lawsuit defense. Several unique affirmative defenses are helpful to employers faced with defending FLSA and state collective and class claims. Defendants may make use of the Good Faith Defense based on §§ 10 and 11 of the Portal-to-Portal Act.
In this two-hour LIVE Webcast, our panel of key thought leaders and practitioners will offer a discussion of the latest strategies; critical issues and best practices with respect to Affirmative Defenses in Wage & Hour Lawsuits.
Some of the major topics that will be covered in this course are:
- Overview of Affirmative Defenses to Wage & Hour Claims
- Tips, Strategies and Best Practices on Asserting Affirmative Defenses
- Policies and Practices to Take Advantage of Certain Affirmative Defenses
- Recent Updates on Federal and State Wage and Hour Laws
- Insurance coverage for defense costs, settlements, and judgements in wage and hour litigation