The U.S. Aerospace and Defense industry is governed by a complex set of laws, regulations, and policy directives. As this industry has expanded beyond U.S. borders and become global, one of the most important applicable regulatory regimes concerns export controls. New industry technologies bring about new regulatory challenges. Both U.S. and foreign-based defense and aerospace companies conducting business in the U.S. need to understand these challenges and regulatory obligations.
In this LIVE Webcast, practitioners assembled by The Knowledge Group will address the latest issues and trends in the U.S. Aerospace and Defense industry.
Some of the major topics that will be covered in this course are:
- Export control of emerging technologies
- Russia sanctions
- Export Control Reform Act of 2018 and its impact on the defense industrial base
- Providing life-extension services for satellites via separate spacecraft
- For EAR-controlled satellite servicing spacecraft robust license exception available
- Prior BIS authorization required before using the license exception