With the rise of new media, technologies and rapid technological advancement, ensuring the validity and truthfulness of advertising claims has become increasingly complex. While the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) imposes laws and regulations against false, misleading, and deceptive advertising, claims become susceptible to risk issues if not substantiated and adequately supported. Hence, advertising claims substantiation becomes more important to ensure a comprehensive, truthful and efficient promotions practice as well as to avoid the potholes of noncompliance.
Our panel of key thought leaders and practitioners will offer a discussion of the fundamentals as well as updates regarding the latest and significant issues surrounding Advertising Claims Substantiation. This LIVE webcast aims will also provide the audience with practical strategies in advertising claims substantiation in a rapidly evolving legal climate.
Key topics include:
- Advertising Claims Substantiation: A 2019 Perspective on Rules and Standards
- Regulation and Enforcement by FTC
- Recent Trends, Developments and Updates
- Identifying Potential Legal Consequences
- Claims Lawsuits and Advertising Self-Regulation Fora (NAD)
- Risks and Pitfalls