In the past years, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has renewed its focus in combating financial fraud and accounting irregularities. It introduced the Corporate Issuer Risk Assessment (CIRA) tool in 2015 and brought prominent accounting and reporting actions against entities and individuals. The SEC also continues to focus on two important gatekeepers – the audit committee and the outside auditors.
The SEC's increased scrutiny of financial statements strongly implies that companies need to pay heightened attention to their accounting practices.
This course offers discussion of SEC's accounting fraud enforcement initiatives. A panel of thought leaders and practitioners will help companies and individuals avoid the SEC crosshairs through effective compliance practices.
In a one-hour LIVE Webcast, the speakers will discuss:
- Recent SEC Enforcement Actions – Review and Analysis
- SEC Financial Reporting and Audit Group (FRAud Group)
- Corporate Issuer Risk Assessment (CIRA) tool
- Significant Issues for Financial Statement Disclosures
- Best Compliance Practices