Colorado’s December MCLE Deadline: What Attorneys Should Know
by: The Knowledge Group
The Colorado deadline for Continuing Legal Education credits is fast approaching. Colorado attorneys need 45 CLE hours by December 31, as a 3-year compliance cycle draws to a close.
Good news. All 45 hours can be done online.
Pursuant to C.R.C.P. 250.2:
- The total of 45 must include 7 hours of legal ethics.
- Attorneys must report their courses to the Continuing Legal and Judicial Education office by January 31.
Here’s how the timing works:
- The date of a new attorney’s admission to the Colorado Bar starts the initial compliance cycle. It concludes on the last day of the third full calendar year after the Bar admission year. The Colorado Supreme Court has further details for new admittees to the Bar.
- Future compliance cycles always start on January 1 and end on the last day of the third calendar year.
Here’s how to report credits:
- Submit your online affidavit (U.S. mail is also acceptable) with course identification information, and report your completed credit hours. Through Colorado’s online system, the identifying information for any course can be found in a search for the date and course sponsor.
- Your current course records are available online through the affidavit website.
- If you’d like a walk-through of the online affidavit submission process, a tutorial is available.
Our CLE meets Colorado requirements:
Complete all 45 hours with us, and complete your credits on time.
The Knowledge Group offers live webcasts that fully qualify for CLE credit in Colorado.